Monday, April 02, 2007

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

That was my only thought about 9:30AM on Saturday.

I was barely conscious of Alex getting up about 30 minutes before. I barely had enough wakefulness to pull the cover around me and roll over.

I wasn't totally asleep. You know that asleep where you have that one little voice in the back of your mind where you hear "it's time to get up now..." Yeah...I don't like that voice very much.

I heard Alex come up the stairs but I hoped maybe she wouldn't wake me up.

"Oh, Bri-an..."

Damn!

I rolled over, opening my eyes barely...

"Breakfast in bed, my sweet..."


I opened my eyes and Alex had brought up a tray with scrambled eggs and cheese and croissants and jelly (the real good organic raspberry kind) and milk.

Wow! Just...just wow!

I have never been served breakfast in bed before, unless I was sick and not allowed to leave bed. Just the amount of love that went into the decision to do that...for no reason other than she wanted to make me happy...I was completely overwhelmed. I do not know what I did in this life (or a past life) to deserve this kind of treatment from this kind of woman...I'm just thrilled that I'm here.

Alex told me later: "I heard you rolling over a couple times...I just kept saying 'please don't come down here...' I wanted to surprise you."

She did indeed.

It will be hard to top breakfast in bed. I know relationships aren't a contest...just because one person does something nice for the other, it doesn't mean anything is expected in return. But I want to do something special for her...something to show I care like she did when she made me breakfast for no other reason that to show me she loves me.

I'll come up with something...maybe for our anniversary...which is coming soon!