Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Vows

I know that several people at the wedding couldn't hear my and/or Alex's vows when we spoke them to each other. Quite frankly, at the time, I was just glad I remembered them all (mostly!) Anyway, for anyone interested, here's what I said:

Alex,

Everyone knows the “better or worse, richer or poorer, sickness and health, in good times and bad.” And while I agree with, and promise all of those things, that doesn’t convey everything I want to say…

I want to say that being with you makes me happier than I have ever known. No matter what we are doing, having you there makes the experience more enjoyable…

I want to say that seeing your face glow when you are happy (just like it is now!) is one of the great joys in my life…and while I cannot promise to always make you happy, I can promise to always try...


I want to say that I want you to be the first person I talk to when I wake up and the last person I talk to before I go to sleep…

I want to say that I cannot wait to discover new things with you and about you as we travel, both literally and metaphorically, on our life’s journeys together…

I want to say that I am so proud that you are becoming my wife and I couldn’t be prouder to be your husband.

And finally, I want to say that I promise to stand beside you, loving you always…you and no other…no matter what…until the stars fade from view…