Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Honestly? Just too busy living life to blog about it

If I had time, I'd post the picture we took of the stone Brian's mom gave us that we have right in front that says "And they lived happily ever after. Brian & Alex 9/22/07." If I had time, I'd explain that we're having both a civil ceremony and a church wedding, à la country-that-has-true-separation-of-church-and-state such as Mexico and France, to honor both of our needs as well as our blended cultural heritages. If I had time, I'd talk more about the awesome marriage prep we ended up getting - we did the Catholic thing and met with a guy that does marriage counseling - so we really feel we're on the same page about the commitment we're making to each other. Lots more time, lots more money, but well, well worth it.

Never mind our time and energy - after all, we're the ones getting married - we SHOULD spend time on the wedding. But if I had more time now, I'd talk about all of the time and energy our friends and family are putting in to the wedding - showers, organizing, finding their outfits, helping us out, traveling from quite far to be at the wedding. It's awesome. I'd talk about how welcome Brian's family has made me feel.

I'd talk about the stressful side, too - the fact that we can't get our reception place to nail down the contract. Yes, my profession makes me want to be very clear, but you really should be clear about things, and it's not that hard to do, so why all the hold ups? I'd talk about how devastating it has been to get my purse stolen on Sunday, with everything in it that's normally in it plus stuff like my receipt for the dress that's at the tailor's right now and the receipt for my nephew's suit that needed tailoring after we bought it and I had both in my purse because I didn't want to lose them, how I can't buy groceries now at Schnuck's with checks as I normally do because I had to block my own account for fear that they'd use a check and it would take days for Schnuck's to figure out that it was one of the checks I had stopped payment on as the check bounced backed and forth between the store and the bank, or how awful it was to stay up that first night, afraid because they had my IDs and keys and everything else and knowing we'd already changed the locks (God bless the friend that came over and started working on that while we were still at Lowe's with the police and on hold with Sprint to figure out if we could use the locator function to see where the cell phone and thus the thieves were).

I'd talk about how, in a few short days, I will be married in the eyes of the law if not the Church. And how, as of a couple of weeks later, I will be married in the eyes of the Church as well. My goodness, I don't know how that is even going to feel. I'd talk of our plans to wait a short while before getting started on a family, so that we can get used to and enjoy each other a little first. I'd talk about how scared I am but how excited I am for the future.

But I don't have time to say all of that, more than just list it out as I've done here. Wish me luck!