Saturday, February 16, 2008

No, not yet...but sometime in the near future...

So Alex and I have been talking about kids. When I say "talking," we've actually had multiple conversations about children since we first were seriously dating. We both want children (1 or 2) and we'd like to have them sometime in the near future.

To that end, Alex has started to buy baby clothes for our as yet unconcieved child. At first, I thought that that idea was a bit off...I mean - no one is even pregnant yet. But the majority of the books that Alex has gotten on the subject of babies and pregnancy show that they go through at least 2 or 3 outfits a day. Okay, I'm on board now with the getting clothes early.

And, I have to admit, the clothes are darling. I picked up a little onesie and held it like you would a baby...and it was the cutest thing I ever saw.

Couple all that with the fact that my cousin is very pregnant with her first child. She wanted in lieu of cards to buy books for the baby's library. We picked up one of my favourites from when I was a child...Go, Dog, Go! You might say that we have babies on our mind.

I've even written a letter. It's addressed: "
To my unborn child," It's a simple two page letter to him or her about how their mom and I will love them unconditionally forever. I may write a few more to put into their baby book. I may post it here later, but right now, I want to keep the contents just between Alex and me.

So, yeah...babies, babies, babies....Aaaaaah! :)

I know Alex will be a wonderful mom. I hope
that I will be a good dad.